Action Alert: Donít Pull the Plug on Wisconsin Communities
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Donít Pull the Plug on Wisconsin Communities
You can take action on this alert by reading the information below and following the
directions at the bottom.
Keep investing in schools, cities, counties and Green Jobs
Over the past year and a half, Recovery Act stimulus funds:
* Delivered to Americans over $250 billion in tax cuts
* Protected schools, cities and counties from massive job and program cuts
* Invested in jobs to improve infrastructure and save energy
* Provided loans to businesses and individuals for economic expansion
* Protected people in crisis through extended unemployment benefits, food share, medical care and hundreds of programs to meet human needs.
Your message will be sent to each of the following targets:
Your U.S. Representative
Your U.S. Senator
A sample message appears below, which you may edit before sending.
Keep investing in schools, cities, counties and jobs
The recession lingers and we canít stop investing in our communities.
Without ongoing federal aid to states and communities, we will lose thousands of public and private jobs, money will drain from the economy, families in crisis will lose support systems and progress toward a green economy will falter.
Wisconsin has begun to recover but the economy is not strong s enough to survive massive cuts in services and infrastructure vital for rebuilding a prosperous Wisconsin.
I urge you to vote YES on all bills to extend federal funding to the states.